.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Unemployment Chronicles - Week 2


Stop me before I bake again!!!

Well, week one of being unemployed went pretty well.
My kids were off from school and I needed some time to just relax so we went places, did projects, wrote book reports, watched movies and had fun. I also baked quite a bit. Chavi Kaufman likes to bake and so do I so there are now plenty of treats around the house for week two and I am home alone with all of them!

For months I'd been craving really gooey caramel-y cinnamon buns and I've been working on perfecting the recipe - I'm getting close - another batch or two and I should be there!
Job hunting is hard, and often depressing. Baking is easy and satisfying.

The trouble is I'm not quite fitting into my interview suit as it is and all of these baked good are not helping. Maybe tomorrow I'll start jogging... and working a little harder at this whole job search thing... or maybe both, but that's DEFINITELY going to require another batch of cinnamon buns, and of course a cup of coffee.

8 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Baila said...

Ehh--you'll start dieting and job hunting when I do. Tomorrow.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger G6 said...

OK - I should be dieting too, but frankly, all I can think of is asking you to please post the recipe once it's perfected ;)
I love gooey cinnamon buns too!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's what you get for being a perfectionist!;-)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

open a bakery.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Glad Hatter said...

Hatzlacha! I second g6, please post the recipe, now you have me craving cinnamon buns. :) Um, the hatzlacha is for the job mostly, but you can always work on your job and diet at the same time by selling the baked goods to get them out of the house!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger projgen said...

add me to the list - I have NOT been able to find a good cinnamon bun recipe! Please post your recipe!

And, ehhh, rubber bands really help expand those business skirt waistlines....

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Looking Forward said...

I'd like the recipie too!

:)

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous make up by eny marques said...

Grreat post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home