.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

JIB Nominations (list #2)

Note: Blogger ate 1/2 this post! Here's a close approximation of how it looked originally.

I'm very flattered to have four posts nominated for JIB awards.
1) In the best post category.
A) My post about Jewish Debt - which is really all about the comments
B) My post about my rejection from seminary called "Nothing Special" maybe I should have called it "A life MORE ordinary" now that would have been a good title!

Speaking of titles thanks to everyone who pointed out the errors in the title of my towel post. Although it's incorrect I'm going to leave it as-is for now because I think it has a nice ring to it. Call it artistic license.

2) In the humor category
A) My post introducing the world to Hot Chanie
B) My guest post at the Muqata about those dangerous 18 minutes before Shabbos

Click on the links and check em out. You can even vote for them if you like... no pressure.
As you'll soon see the trouble is that I'm competing against myself for both of them! So a vote for one of my post is really a vote AGAINST another of my posts. Honestly I don't understand the whole system - how can I be a finalist in the humor category when my brotha Psychotoddler* has more votes than I do even when running against the behemoth that is Dry Bones?!

*No, Psychotodder is not really my brother. That's why I spelled it with an "a" it's all about nuance people.

20 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

The answer is

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Well don't leave us hanging jack!

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, 206 comments on your Jewish Debt! Record for you?

Here, count this comment along for that post:

Is flat broke one word or two?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Yes, that was my all time record for both links and posts.

Good stuff too!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

[Both links are to Best Humor, btw...]

The group you're in for Best Post is packed with amazing posts. It was so hard to pick one from there.

And in Humor, I took the Mars/Venus one, though as I told Jameel today when he called, both of yours and his Elvis post were absolutely hilarious.

Good luck!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Well don't leave us hanging jack!

I didn't. I left it in invisible ink.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Yaakov Kirschen said...

"behemoth"? Hah!
So now we're resorting to name-calling?
:-)
Dry Bones
Israel's Political Comic Strip Since 1973

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Oh not at ALL!!
Dry Bones is an INSTITUTION! No way a small time blogger like me could ever compete with someone with as many years of consistant work and readership. That's all I'm saying. Thanks for visiting!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Yaakov Kirschen said...

Shifra
I was joking.
I love your site.
thanx,
Dry Bones

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yugh7h Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FI3QmX Please write anything else!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nc8mN9 Good job!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VyIFsc Magnific!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home