.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 08, 2007

My Kinda Synergy

I work in an environment where phrases like "core competencies," "due diligence," and "intellectual capital" are thrown around like banana peels in the monkey house. Somehow though, when two things you love come together to make something special, "synergy" is just the word you need.

I've been watching and listening to these clever little Dunkin' Donuts spots on the radio and television for a while now (Click on "Fritalian" for one of my favorites - I can't seem to get the video link to work) and I don't know how I did not realize that this is the work of one of my all time favorite duos, They Might Be Giants!

TMBG and Dunkin' Donuts coffee together?! Life is too good!!
Quick! Someone pass me the monthly reports! I think I have the intellectual capital we need to fix our lack of due diligence in our core competencies thus maximizing our projected growth and sustaining our equity model!

PS That's two coffee posts so far this month! I think I need a refill.

11 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. (link no work).

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

NICE!
Well if you can't see it there, you can click on the link and choose the "fritalian" video.

I'll try to fix it from home tonight. I'm not so good with the HTML.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are funny! I must watch very little TV (or the wrong stations) because I've never seen any of them before.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, except the "Fritalian" one - that I've seen many times.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a paradigm shift!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Sweet! I love those guys.

Very tangentially related (through HSR and TMBG and an oblique comment I left on an old post regarding an emailed picture of my new work chair), check this out:

Does this chair look familiar?

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I don't know if we have any Dunkin Donuts here in LA.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Just thought that I'd share that last comment for no good reason.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Maybe you should spice up your Blog's Mission Statement to reflect your intellectual capital?

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger miriamp said...

If you haven't seen it, rent "They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs." Little kid video... we got it out once from the library, and my kids are still singing "but Z eats only Es!" Only connection they (and I) have ever had to TMBG, but as little kid videos go, it was very very cute!

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Chana said...

These are so clever! I love them! Smart commercials, huzzah! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home