.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Good Things

Hey,

Thanks for your patience.
I've been under the weather.
I can't believe I blogged about Christmas and not at all about Chanuka but these things happen.
As I've been starting to feel better I've been thinking about the good things in life.
You know those little things that make life just a little sweeter?
Here are a few of my picks:

The Microsoft Natural Keyboard


I LOVE this baby. Sure it takes a little getting used to but I find it helps me type faster - avoid the back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse (programable shortcut keys!) and it has completely eliminated that shooting pain I used to get from my wrist to my shoulder after about an hour at the computer.

Mega Headphones

Sure I look like a dork, but at least I can't hear it when you tell me about it.

Chai Tea with Milk

Smells wonderful, tastes like cookies, almost no calories.

The Oxford Dictionary

This is easily the best dictionary I've ever owned. Clever essays by famous wordsmiths and other worldplay treats sprinkled thoughout the book. At my house we just leave it out, it's always in use.

Gmail
Gmail rocks - effortless chat, emails saved as conversations with copied text removed, unlimited space and filter searches make it a pleasure to use. Sure all that saved data makes me nervous but then again it should... shouldn't it?

What little things do you love?
Share them with me in the comments.

18 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I have that keyboard at my moonlighting job! It rocks, except the keys are a little stiff and need to be broken in. The wireless mouse is great with it.

BTW still haven't settled on a "chair." I have to cameraphone the current model to you. You'll wet yourself.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

I actually like a stiff keyboard - years and years of piano as a child built up my finger muscles and I enjoy flexing them a little here and there.

You know I dig cool office furniture. but dude, that was a pretty icky choice of words.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot water, a warm bed, and indoor plumbing. no joke. I can't get over how lucky we are.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

i have always believed hot water was the hallmark of civilization...as for the office, my heavy duty electric stapler is easily the best single tool ever purchased -- and i've had the same one more than 10 years!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eliyahu, even so, there's no excuse to take it for granted.

I also marvel at my 2 gig ipod nano (if only it were 4). What a marvel.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy with modern medicine.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there are these lotions that I just love to rub......oh....ahhh nevermind.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Ah, but did you get a black keyboard? The drawback - you can't see it at night if there's not enough light. Argh. I think we need to fix that lamp...

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of wetting youself. I think toilet paper is a great idea

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest inventions of the modern era? Where do I start? Refrigerators. Vaccinations. The telephone. The internet. Indoor plumbing. The automobile.

But most of all, the big three: The Beatles, Star Trek, and Marvel Comics!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghirardelli Limited Edition Peppermint Bark chocolate bars. And our new bookshelves are the best.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

I wasn't really talking about the greatest inventions of all time (although it's great to appreciate our wonderfully clean and easy lives) more like the little things that make you happy.

Like chocolate, and staplers...

Yes, my KB is black, and no, I don't type in the dark so no problem. The letters on it are white though so I suppose I could see it in the dark, but I don't need to look when I type. Years of IMing has left me with excellent typing skills.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An Aquadoodle. The ink is water and the color is somehow locked up in the mat!! If all my kids spilled on my clothing, the furniture, the carpet, etc., was water I would be a happy man.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hot bath is a wonderful thing. I like dogs and iPods too. And novels by Anne Tyler.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

that "natural" keyboard puts the B key on the WRONG SIDE!!! gaaaaah i hates it, i hates it.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Steg- the B is right where it should be, you must type funny :P

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said...

I don't know what I'd do without Tivo.

The heated seats (a.k.a. "tushee warmers") in my car are quite welcome in the mornings when heading out to shul on cold mornings.

I love my Sharpie marker.

My shoes. They are Bally dress shoes with velcro and are as comfy as sneakers. Love em.

Oh, and my Pets.com sock puppet that keeps me company at my desk...

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

I love Sharpies too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home