.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Four Meme

Krum tagged me for this one:

Four jobs you've had in your life:
Librarian, data entry clerk, paralegal, graphic artist

Four movies you could watch over and over:
The Princess Bride, the Shawshank Redemption, Clue, When Harry met Sally

Four places you've lived:
New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Boston

Four TV shows you love to watch:
(Love? TV? I don't know about that, here are some I LIKE)
The Daily Show, Good Eats (a wacky sort of food science show on the cooking channel), Grey's Anatomy, SpongeBob SquarePants

Four places you've been on vacation:
Miami, New Hampshire, Cape May (NJ), NYC

Four websites you visit daily:
Gmail, the J-Blogs, Odd Todd, Yahoo Weather

Four of your favorite foods:
Chocolate, Coffee (is that a food?) kabobs, Godzilla Rolls (from Sushi metsuyan)

Four places you'd rather be:
Right now it's: Israel, California, Florida, Hawaii (I'm cold and tired)

Four books you'll read over and over again:
I'm not a big re-reader since there are so many unread books out there.
I do seem to find myself reading the same children's books over and over though...

16 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Ayelet said...

I thought I'd found a true kindred spirit (especially with Shawshank Redemption and When Harry Met Sally)(and I'm turning 40! *sniff, sniff*) until I got to SpongeBob. Tell me it aint so! You don't really like that show, do you?

Also, what are some of your favorite children's books/ authors? I'm a voracious childrens' book reader and am always on the lookout for winners.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Shifra: And you didn't tag anyone?

(If you don't tag anyone, your vacation wishes don't come true)

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

And Ayelet - you're ruining a blog posting I was working on!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Jameel you are right, I tag you!

Ayelet - SpongeBob was an after thought, I couldn't come up with a fourth but I do find him pretty funny depending on my mood *laughs like a dolphin*

Tell me what age range you are looking for and I'll give you my favorites.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

SpongeBob is so great. I just forgot, which is why my MEME first said "Powerpuff girls", which I do love (sue me).

But a few hours later, we went to a Chanukah party around the block from my house and the kids were all watching SB. Having realized that I love SB, even more than the PPG, I went home, and edited my MEME to say SB.

Weird yes, but the truth must be told.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

SW- after I read YOUR list I wanted to change my fourth to PPG!!
It's official we are both dorks!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger miriamp said...

Four TV shows you love to watch: Wait, that doesn't work. It's been over ten years since I stopped watching TV! Okay, how about 4 series I would actually consider shelling out money for those "Season" dvds of: The Muppet Show; Quantom Leap; Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman; and, ummm, Dr. Who (but I almost said Little House on the Prairie instead.)

See? I win the dork prize! umm, wait, is that a good thing?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Usually these memes are a chore, but I actually like this one - so go ahead and tag me too if you want!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Ooooh Miriam good picks!!
I LOVED Quantum Leap, and Dr. Who!!!
The muppet show is also a classic work of brilliance of COURSE.
I can't say I cared for Dr. Quinn though... wasn't there some hot indian on that program? Maybe I was distracted from the plot....

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

OK Elie!
Take it and run!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shifra, love the coffee pick. I had that in my head before I started writing (with the same "is that a food" comment) but it never made it onto the page for some reason (maybe not enough coffee).

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Ayelet:

Thanks for bringing up SR...that was a great film!

SpongeBob? I don't get it...except for buying SpongeBob junk for my kids.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger miriamp said...

I'm not sure why I liked Dr. Quinn... strong female character? The plot was pretty weak, IIRC. I just like historical fiction, I guess.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger ... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

It seems that When Harry Met Sally is a popular movie for us bloggers (mostly women.) I bet many of us identify with Sally! Hmmm?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

My husband and I met under coincidental circumstances several times over a course of many years before we got together, and we were friends before we started dating so I guess I do relate to Sally.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said...

SpongeBob is awesome. The Muppet Show was probably my favorite show when growing up. The movies of both of these shows were also wonderful entertainment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home