.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Good News!

When I was a kid there was a shop that opened on a main thoroughfare in my neighborhood with a huge blue and white awning reading "GOOD NEWS FOR ISRAEL!"
As a Jewish kid growing up in a not very Jewish area of the midwest I was immediately drawn to it as we passed it by in the car on the way to get ice cream.

All thoughts of ice cream (one of the big treats of my childhood) quickly vanished as my 8 year old self filled with excitement.

What could this great place be?!
A shul?
An Israeli Jewish bookstore?
A school?
Kosher food?
And could we please please stop and see???

My dad slammed the lid on the whole thing pretty quick when he told me it was not only not Jewish or Israeli but in fact a store front for Christian missionaries.
I was crushed of course, and looked at that enticing awning with great dissapointment thereafter.

I do have some actual good news though (that whole post above just jumped unbidden into my head as I typed the title- funny how that works.)

My brother is out of the hospital!!!

After three weeks of uncertaintly and excessive shlepping around he is finally home.
I thank you all for your support through all of this.

11 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

And there I thought you had just saved a bunch of money by switching your car insurance to Geico...

Baruch Hashem!!! Thanks for sharing such wonderful news!!!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

baruch hashem! the best miracle of the season!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Borukh Hassheim!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Little Wolf said...

Baruch Hashem. It is a good step on the road to recuperation.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lab Rab said...

I was wondering what was going on .. thanks for the update. May you all go mechayil el chayil.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gevaldig! May he regain his health completely and then some.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Boruch Hashem!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Everyone else has already said barukh Hashem, so just let me add a Toda La’Eil!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone else has already said Baruch Hashem, and someone said Toda La’Eil, just let me add Yippee Yay Whoo Hoo!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank G-d.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home