.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 19, 2005

Giveret Shifra's Weekend Activities

I'm tired.
It's been one of those weekends where you are busy every minute and not much seems to get done... I hate that.
Since I came back home Thursday evening far to exhausted to prepare for shabbos I was happy to accept an invitation to spend Shabbos in NYC. It was nice but much too social for my liking. In addition, my husband and I were the oldest, married-est people around- and that gets a little depressing/annoying after a while.

I spent Sunday cleaning up the past weeks mess, doing laundry, catching my kids up on homework and baking chanuka cookies.

My brother had a tough shabbos and ended up back in ICU for a while, but getting well is hard work. Hopefully he will be back in a regular room today. Once things settle down at home and at work I hope to get back into a regular posting rhythm. Thanks again to all of you for your good wishes.

-Shifra

10 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

"Giveret" is way too formal for this post/blog. It usually would go with a last name. (IMHO, Giveret Almonit sounds better if you want to stick with the Giveret).

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

It was a play off of "mar gavriel's shabbat activities" or whatever he used to call his blog before he went all dikduk happy on us....

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Thanks for the reference, Shifra.

(And yes, I understood it before Shifra explained it.)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

You could have used "marat"... or... uh...

Hey, did you know that "daughter" in Aramaic is brat ? ;-)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

No, Steg, it's beras.

:-)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Thank you cat, that was a very nice thought.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back !

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Please continue to keep us updated on your brother. I hope from here on in it gets much easier for him, and for those who care about him...

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Sildenafil said...

That's true I also hate that every day I wish to stay at home and sleep, and sleep but it's difficult because I gotta work.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous pharmacy said...

great site, keep it up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home