.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 30, 2005

Erev Shabbos Cholent





I have a feeling that this post is going to come out a little RenReb-ish (not that there is anything wrong with that) simply because I have a lot to say and not much time to say it.
When shabbos starts before 5:00PM I'm always a little frantic and today should be a pretty busy work day as well. So without further ado - a little pre-shabbos cholent, if you will.





Searches:
Yes I'll admit to being a bit of a computer geek, but I'm a hardware person, OK? Code scares me, even HTML code. I'm getting over it (kinda) but sometimes it takes me a lot longer than your average blogger to learn to employ the simplest of blog related functions. So this week I finally figured out how to see where my traffic is coming from, the searches, of course are the most facinating part for me. I love reading about them on other websites as well so here are a few from this week.

Modern Orthodox Black Suede Kippah - Steg told me these are made from the hide of baby animals. I've never looked at a black suede kippah the same way since.

Elvis Costello MP3 - yes I have them, no you can't download them here

Heter, eat, fish, salad, business, non-kosher restaraunt - Wow talk about a SPECIFIC search, no heterim issued here. Good luck fella!

Heimish - She shoots, she scores!

Shalom Bayis husband makes fun of me- This one made me very sad- no one should be subjected to ridicule in their own home for crying out loud. I will address this soon.

Checklist Checklist:

Ever see a woman driving around town and wonder to yourself "Is that Shifra?"
Probably not. But if you did here's a good way to find out:

Follow this mystery woman from a safe distance in her car until she stops somewhere (usually the grocery store, her kids school, or her office) wait and see what happens next:

If the woman:
1) Turns off her car's engine and doesn't get out of the car.
2) Curses under her breath
3) Turns the engine back on
4) Lowers the drivers side window all the way
5) Forces the driver's side door open using the outside handle
6) Closes the window
7) Turns off the car and finally gets out

Then it just might be me.

The Modern and the Orthodox

Thanks to all of you for all your positive comments (on and off blog) on my new serial project.
As you can see I added it to my side bar (with a little help from AirTime).
I'm already at work on the next edition- and hope to be able to make it a regular Thursday feature.

A wonderful Shabbos Chanukah to all of you!
Rest well, eat well, and be happy.

-Shifra

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Elie said...

OK, you got me beat. Our van, ""Baby Huey", only has a broken back door. But it did pass inspection this week - on the 2nd try!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

So, how does one find the searches that led people to one's blog?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

next up on Shifra, automotive repair 101! go shifra!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Aw, and I thought this was going to be an actual recipe for cholent!

(I guess that one will have to go on the Shabbos Cooking blog.)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Heimish - She shoots, she scores!

I thought it was "He shoots, he mishes."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home