.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Oven, heal thyself!

Well it's Thursday night again and I thought you all might be wondering how things turned out for me and my oven. Well, I took it apart and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Oven-tech-support to determine what I already knew, namely that the pilot was out and no gas was running to the oven. "Don't mess with the gas line," the tech-support person said, "call a repairman." And so I did.

The repairman came when I was not home, he tested the oven, told my husband it was working just fine mentioning some business about a power outtage and the oven resetting (my husband seemed very unclear on this) and charged us $45 for coming out (the one mile he drove to get to us.)

Anyway, my miraculous self-healing oven is back to work tonight.
Final Score: Oven II Shifra 0

7 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

i'm sure it's your awesome kavvanah davening that prompted the healing.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! How wonderful. Power outtages and resetting time/ clocks are so exciting! ;)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Looking Forward said...

mabye you're husband made sure the oven lost power?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

As I've said before my husband is not handy enough to break an oven much less fix one... but he can wash dishes like nobodies business!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Little Wolf said...

There is actually an oven-help-hotline. Why this frighten me for some reason?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

That happened to us a few months ago, fortunately it was still under warranty. You should consider an extended service plan.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Wrong:

Its Oven 2, Shifra -$45

 

Post a Comment

<< Home