.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mixed Marriages

From Mirty:
Actually, I have a question for you as advice lady. So if I'm somewhat right-wingish and my husband is a self-described "knee jerk liberal," is it wrong of me to blog about political stuff? It does irk him. But then again, this morning when I went to take the trash out for pick-up, he locked the housedoor and [accidentally]locked me out, so he deserves what he gets, right?

Well from what we've heard about your hubby (on this blog at least) he does seem to be rather absent minded so I can believe the part about his locking you out being an "accident."

Why does your blogging on political issues irk him? You'd think he'd be more upset with all the ex-boyfriend blogging you've done (don't stop though, I love that stuff!) My husband and I have politically similar views but in the areas in which we differ he'd rather have me blog about it (and not read it) than have me keep him up at night ranting about whatever is that's troubling me.

As for locking you out, I think it's now officially HIS job to take out the trash.

6 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

OMG, Mirty! You take out the trash? You could have had your pick of anybody. Taking out the trash is the only thing i ever learned how to do. I may have to go back to school now.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

oh, yeah! i remember mowing, but i had to stop. something about flowers not being the same as grass.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

I take out the trash and mow the lawn at least half of time. When we got married I didn't believe in gender roles... what a sucker I was....

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your still doing blog matchmaking, check out the blogs of Flairrah (flairrah.blogspot.com)and Tastic (hatzlacha.blogspot.com), they seem to be interacting very nicely.

dan

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I some get stuck taking out the trash, and cooking most meals. (Not to mention doing a large percentage of the laundry and cleaning. Talk about suckers.) As far as that goes, it is sometimes hard to switch things around once they are established. My wife and I have similar view politically, but where we differ we will generally talk about and I try not to rant at those times atleast.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

And how do you get him to change?
tell him to start blogging under the name amshinover

 

Post a Comment

<< Home