.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Headaches

I've had a headache for the past two days- not coincidentally this is exactly how long my husband has been away on business. I've got some good blogging planned but lack the brain power to get my ideas into writing. Things might be a little light for a while until the homestead returns to normal.

Last night at about 10PM my doorbell rang. I'm not accustomed to having unexpected visitors at the hour so I didn't open the door. Through the door a man with a thick Russian accent told me that he is a mover and I should let him in. I told him I did not hire a mover and what kind of moving takes place at 10PM?!
He insisted mine was the correct address and that he was here with my stuff from California.
No way I said, you have the wrong place. He told me the name of the customer and I told him that it was not me. FINALLY he went away.

Funny, when my husband is home only pretty girls pitching Sierra Club, or DNC memberships seem to come to the door.

8 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No meshulachim when your husband is home? Or maybe we only get that here... ;)

Seriously, though, I hope your headache gets better.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The headache maybe from lack of sleep. How are you sleeping since your husband went out of town?

As to the visitor, I don't think I would want my stuff to arrive at 10:00 at night even if I was expecting it, when do you suppose they will be done with the move.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

as your son-in-law always tells me at the top of his lungs while jumping on the couch "reh'feah shlema reh'feah shlema get well quick, don't be sick"

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point Chana!
We generally only get meshulachim on Sundays when the shnorrer-mobiles drive em in from Lakewood and Brooklyn.

Amshin- your boy sounds adorable but perhaps too young for my girls.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger is so weird.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol to weird blogger.

By the way, with regard to my other quote- the entire correspondence is up at http://curiousjew.blogspot.com

DovBear has a post called 'A Favor for a Friend' that explains.

You can lend your input. ;)

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

refuah shelema already. nu?

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still alive just in over my head- I will return to blogging as soon as I can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home