.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Smells like Ambition

Apparently naming scents after what they actually smell like has become passe.
I went to buy some of my usual brand of deoderant the other day and I had a choice of ambition, optimism, genuine or powder fresh.

Since I could not open the packages and smell them in the store I had to guess at the scents before selecting one.

I ruled out powder fresh right away since most items that bill themselves as powder fresh smell like baby powder and I don't want people thinking of a nursery when I walk by.

Genuine was a tougher call, I like to think of myself as sincere. However, if I was going to genuine about the scent I put under my arms it would be one that smelled like sweat, so I nixed that one too.

Ambition also didn't appeal to me. What could it possibly smell like? Testosterone? Money? Corinthian leather? No thanks.

That left me with optimism, which I am wearing for the first time today and actually it smells pretty nice and refreshing!

11 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

somehow i red the post too fast and mis-red optimism as orgasm?cool

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine that would be a top seller as well :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also those two words look almost nothing alike.
One track mind?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

One track mind?no just optimistic.but if i was right could you imagine what a afternoon you'd have?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

shiffy
In regards to our conversation at the bear and since you claim this as group therapy are there any high school shenangins you'd like to admit to.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can easily say that I was squeaky clean in HS.

I did have a HUGE crush on a boy in the local yeshiva but I never did anything about it.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

booo!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to dissapoint!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your latest column, Shifra. You're like Andy Rooney with ovaries (now there is a frightening image).

Here's a tip: Avoid any detergents with names like Despair, Putrid and Jamie Farr's Armpits.

So sayeth Thulsa Doom!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home