.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, May 23, 2005

One of Life's Mysteries

Via Email (really, I promise)-

Just what the HELL is Amshi's problem?
Baffled Balabusta

I had to think a while before posting this query, but I decided to go with it since it seems to be something on everyone's mind.
I must admit however that I do not know the answer to this one. To date Amshinover remains one of life's great Jewish blogging mysteries. By turns a scholar and a horror, this gay bashing semi-chasidish, vodka drinking commenter has made quite a name for himself in the Jewish Blogesphere.
The only hope we have of ever getting an answer to this question is to appeal to the man himself and even that has met with varying degrees of success, but I'll try it anyway.

Amshi? What's the story.

-Shifra

9 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

some say Amshinover is DovBear....more likely, he is non-compliant on taking his meds regularly, which could be dangerous combined with the vodka. may he be blessed to keep it together -- pay per view is too expensive. ps, are balabustas ever baffled?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

If the rumors were true the whole Jewish blogworld would be populated exclusively by Dovbear, so I'd have to reject that theory :)

I think balabustas are baffled once in a while but only by truely great mysteries such as Amshinover and where the other socks go when you put them in the dryer.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can confirm that Amshi and DovBear are not the same person. I think.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Well said Mirty!

Shanna, please state your case for the record!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blog is hosted on a server in our bedroom closet. (Romantic, huh?) You think I can't see IP addresses?

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe... well at least that's one case file we can close.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger DovBear said...

some say Amshinover is DovBear....

Like who? I am also GH, SurahMalka, and your mom, btw.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some one on your blog suggested we were the same person as well, I found that funny.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops that was me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home