Do you have any good recipes for an aspiring kugel baker?
- A Balabusta Wannabe
Here's a recipe for apple kugel. I especially like it because it's easy (although not terribly healthy) and you probably already have most of the ingredients in the house.
Easy Apple Kugel
(recipe adapted from my friend CB)
1. Spray a 8X8 or 9" round pan with cooking spray (or grease with oil whatever you've got)
2. Peel and slice 3 medium size granny smith (or any tart) apple and spread the sliced apples at the bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon (about a 1/2 tsp)
4. In a bowl mix 1 cup of flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 a cup of melted margarine (one stick.)
5. Cover the apples with the mixture and bake at 350 degrees until the top is brown (about 35 minutes)
This recipe doubles easily, and can be served hot or cold.
It is also delicious for dessert served hot with vanilla ice cream on top!