.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Chanuka

Hey there!
Happy Chanuka to all of you out there in blog-land.

I moved AND started a new job in October so I've been keeping busy. So busy I almost forgot I was the proud owner of this little blog here.

I don't check in here often (as you may have noticed, or um... stopped noticing) but I still see any comments my blog gets come through in my email in box and there is nothing like a little hate-in-the-face to remind you you own a blog. It was one of those "Hitler was right" kind of comments to fairly inoffensive post (actually I try to make ALL my posts as inoffensive as possible) and when I saw the email I was like... "Hey! I have a blog!" and also "People sure hate Jews!" but mostly the first. I'll be deleting that comment shortly.

Speaking of inoffensive - this "Happy Holidays" thing is going a little too far for me this year. Are we really going to pretend Christmas doesn't exist. My company just put out the list of days off for 2012 with Easter listed as "Spring Holiday" and Christmas as "Winter Holiday." Really??
It's December 25th, it's not any day of the winter you choose... If Christmas is a legal holiday in this country let's not pretend it isn't. I am not offended by reality, is anyone?

If anything I think I'm offended that people feel they have to tap dance around me and other non-Christians. I think we can handle it.


Wishing everyone a Happy Chanuka!

6 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Jack said...

Chanukah Sameach!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

what the??......

since when have you been back?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

>If anything I think I'm offended that people feel they have to tap dance around me and other non-Christians. I think we can handle it.

Agree 100%. I hate this "offense culture." So childish.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Hey Jack! Happy Chanuka to you too! Hyrax, you know I come and go... nice to see you :-)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

May the lights be bright for you also on this last night of Channukah!! Hope you're enjoying your new quarters.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

I clicked over from Jameel's blog, just to see whether you'd posted anything in the last . . . er, number of months, and was pleasantly surprised to find that you're blogging again. Welcome back! Hope all goes well with the new residence, not to mention the job hunt.

Happy Last Day of Chanukah! (Posted Dec. 28, 2011)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home