.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Guess Who?

It's not easy being Ask Shifra.

When I started this blog I thought... I'm easy to talk to and have it pretty much together, maybe I can help people, that sounds like fun.

Of course later it turned into a jumble of things - writing, sharing ideas, a soap opera with no resolution, meeting cool people, and venting (naturally) all under the veil of anonymity. Nice!

As things in my life got more complex I became more of myself and less of my alter-ego. When my brother died I think I pretty much outed myself and even my parents learned about this blog (maybe they have forgotten by now? I'm pretty sure the words "browser history" mean nothing to them.)

Not long after that, when my marriage fell apart, I thought: Who am I to give advice or to tell people what I think is right? I felt so turned around, I didn't feel like myself at all. During all that time the best advice I got (and I didn't get a lot) was "Try to be OK." That seemed like an attainable goal...maybe... And you know what? After a year or so of faking it, I'm a lot better than OK. I'm good. More importantly, I'm BACK.

Do people still read blogs? Let's find out, shall we?

-Shifra

16 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Reader #1 said...

Reader #1, reporting for duty!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Big Fan said...

Best news all day

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Awesome! Tell your friends.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Philo said...

Yes, we do. Please start writing again!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!!!!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger miriamp said...

Yay!!!!! Knew there was a reason to leave your blog on my rss feed! Welcome back!

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Safranit (Safra-knit) said...

I'm here and waiting...looking forward to seeing you back..and as far as I know, I have no idea who you are :)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Safranit- Unless you know me in real-life you wouldn't be able to ID me from this blog. Thanks for coming back.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Wow! Welcome to 2005!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

I think that blogging is so Retro it might actually be cool again...
Maybe?

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Borei Hoshech said...

I am here!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Back! (hopefully)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

Well, I check this one, which happens to be an all-time favorite, every now and again. It was a most pleasant surprise to see that you're writing again. Blessings on your return.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Jack said...

Look who is back.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally!

I don't think that getting divorced makes you less capable of giving advice. Staying in an unhappy marriage, however, does.

Welcome back!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Dani said...

I used to read your blog all the time and it was one of my favorites. I was wondering what happened to you... Welcome back! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home