.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 02, 2006

Post Chanuka Blues

So there are only minutes left to Chanuka and I'm feeling suprisingly down.
There was plenty of inspiring/creative/funny/heretical stuff to read about Chanuka all around the J-blogs but somehow I just wasn't really into it this year.

Maybe after everything that has happened with my brother in the past few weeks I'm on miracle overload or something. I even waited until the very last night to take pictures of my kids lighting their menorahs but they both caught awful colds over Shabbos and could barely get off the couch to light...not really family album material.

So what's happened all the sudden that's making me so blue?
Is it the fact that I'm stuck here in a cold, quiet, cubicle at work on the Monday after New Years?
No, it can't be just that.
I think it's knowing that when I come home that instead of lighting the menorah and singing with my family we'll be back to the old routine of homework and dinner (and no LAKTES either!)

Maybe I missed the boat this year, or maybe I enjoyed it more than I thought.
Sometimes it's hard to tell.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Sounds like you need another cup of coffee, maybe a sick day for yourself, or just an Ask Shifra letter to yourself.

Only 2.5 months till Purim...

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

My mom is already talking about Pesach!!! It's nuts.

I do feel better this morning... maybe I did just need more coffee afterall ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home