.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, November 28, 2005

All Kinds of News

Update:
Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and prayers.
My brother is responding well to medication and is resting semi-comfortably at the hospital. It is very likely he will require some major surgery but the doctors are still discussing his options. I will update later as I know more.


I know I've been quiet lately.

My inlaws have been here since Thursday and have taken up most of my time and peace of mind since then. Our only shower broke on friday and we had to pay a plumber $260 to not quite fix it. In addition we are having electrical problems as well due to one of my "little projects" (note to self- no more messing with the wiring) but we'll need to save up a bit of money before we call in a professional (it's nothing dangerous don't worry, just a blown fuse or two.) I also found out that the tiles I removed from my kitchen may have contained asbestos (NICE!) did you know there is a 10-15 year jail sentence for tossing out building materials containing asbestos?
Good thing this blog is anonymous.

Most importantly my brother has become very ill.
The doctors will meet today to see if anything can be done for him.
I feel hopeful but the situation is quite grave.

I may be offline for a while - I'm trying to get my work/life in order so I can fly out and see him- but I'll post when I can.

-Shifra

20 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Elie said...

So sorry to hear about your brother. Was this illness just discovered? Is his name on the mishebayrach lists in town?

My thoughts are with you!!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Thank you.
I just spoke with my mother- the doctors seem more optimistic today- but they are still discussing his surgical options.

I'll update when I can.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Little Wolf said...

Hope your brother will recover. My prayers are also with you and your family.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lab Rab said...

Shifra,

Please post your brother's Hebrew name so that I can include him in my prayers.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refuah sheleimah b'karov

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Ayelet said...

Refu'ah Sh'leima.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Refu’a sheleima for your brother!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Thanks to all of you.
Chuck - I actually don't feel comfortable putting up that much personal info on the web. Email me privately if you want his name.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Thanks to all of you.
Chuck - I actually don't feel comfortable putting up that much personal info on the web. Email me privately if you want his name.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Refuah Shelaimah.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Alan aka Avrum ben Avrum said...

Refuah shlayma!

Sincerely,

Alan D. Busch

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Hope your brother has a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on how he is (and how you are )doing...

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger asher said...

Sorry for all your troubles. A refuah shelayma to your brother

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Noam S said...

refuah shelama b'mehera

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

On a mundane note: Did you finish the kitchen floor project? Did your in-laws notice it? Comment?

(and obviously refuah shelayma so no one here thinks I'm being callous)

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"at the risk of sounding corny"

???
Chuck, i would not worry about sounding corny. you just sound annoying

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Jameel - My inlaws did not notice the floor- but when I pointed it out they were complimentary (but their standards anyway.)

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear. A refua sheleima.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Shifra: Allow me to be the very first blogger to congratulate you on the successful completion of Phase I, of the AskShifra Blog Continuous Improvement Program. (ASBCIP)

The blogroll is a great start! (And I'm happy to be listed on it).

May you be zocha to add many more tasteful improvements to your blog.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Shifra,

Refuah shlemah to your brother, may he have a speedy recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home