.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask Shifra

Something Different... Answering questions and making curious observations (online) since 2005.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Seven Meme

What is with the word "Meme" anyway, it's like last years "Meta" or something
Steg and Mirty tapped me on this one so here goes:

7 Things I Can Do:

Make kids laugh
Be a good friend
Fix almost anything
Bake Kugel (and all other manner of delicious holiday foods)
Draw a crowd by sketching in a museum (actually anyone can, try it sometime!)
Build a sukkah
Gut a fish

7 Things I Can't Do:

Parallel park in a reasonable amount of time
Pass by a modest looking black skirt at any store without at least considering buying it
Keep my voice down when I'm really passionate about something
Focus on work all day without sneaking a peek at the blogs now and then
Stay angry for an extended period of time
Lie convincingly
Keep my house completely clutter free


7 Things I Hope To Do Before I Die:

Publish something significant
Earn the respect of my in-laws
Live in Israel
See my children grow up to be independant and happy
Learn to play guitar
Make a living at something I enjoy
Pass on everything I've learned


7 Things I Say Often:
Wow
OK
I'm sorry
Although... (followed by the opposite of what I'd just said)
Sure!
I'll be RIGHT there
How was I supposed to know the monkey was allergic to crackers!?


7 Bloggers I Would Like To Infect With This Meme:

Eliyahu
Little Wolf
Air Time
Still Wondering
Shana
Elie
Ben Avuya

If you've already seen it or done it or don't wanna do that's fine.
It took me long enough to get around to it myself....

15 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er....was that me, misspelled?

I'll assume yes. I'll post a link here when I get to it.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

Anonymous said...
wait till shifra sees this, boy are you gonna get it

10/11/2005 10:22 AM


http://amshinover.blogspot.com/2005/10/shid-uch.html

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Oh sorry Shanna, I was rushing...
Yes, it was you!

As for #2 maybe I should have said "Stop expecting to be able to earn the respect of my In-laws" and as for #1 - thank you Chuck.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Wait... if both me AND Mirty tagged you, doesn't that mean you have to list 14 things for each category? ;-)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Aw shucks, I'm flattered! I'll try to do one, but it'll probably be next week.

Elie

PS: Let us in on the joke! Why would that Landers Purim "shidduch" video make Shifra mad??

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

I don't know!
But since someone made that comment I'm afraid to view the video at work.

I'll check it out at home and let you know if I'm offended.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said...

maybe because the video is so poorly produced and so idiotic to watch (truthfully i shut it off midway) it will make Shifra (and anyone else) mad.

Just a thought...

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Ayelet said...

I'll teach you to lie convincingly if you take me to the art museum with you for a sketching session. Do we have a deal?

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ayelet said...

About the music video, I thought it was so cute. A little sense of humor about a trying time in life never hurt. (To Still Wondering: I don't think they were aiming for majorly professional production. I assume they're not majoring in movie arts or whatever the heck you call what movie producers major in.)

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I want to hear the story behind the monkey allergic to crackers! (Please?)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Little Wolf said...

I will try next week. I will really need to think this through.

I also have to agree with Chuck. Just remember you never know who is going to read something and be helped by it.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

Every party has a killjoy and I'm yours.

Can't get that introspective. It would ruin my life.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said...

high honor! thanks. as to actually writting it out, i can only hope i won't be asking for forgiveness about a year from now.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Ayelet- you are on for the sketching session, just email me!
As for lying convincingly maybe I'm better off as is...blushing easily keeps me out of trouble (mostly). Also yes, that video was meant to be kind of ironic, and yet they practiced quite a lot to get it right- I got a huge kick out of it m'self.

Air Time- no need to go that deep, I think my answers were pretty superficial (esp for right before Yom Kippur).

Steg- No...Way! 7 was hard enough (you made it look WAAAAY to easy.)

McAryeh- It's actually from an odd children's cartoon called Mucha Lucha. A character on the show is called picked up by a mysterious group of strangers and without knowing what they want begins confessing to anything he can think of (guilty conscience I guess) he ends with "HOW WAS I SUPPOSSED TO KNOW THE MONKEY WAS ALLERGIC TO CRACKERS!!??" and breaks down crying. We use that line a lot around my house now when we make a mistake based on lack of information. (Note: Although I found that line quite funny I don't allow my kids to watch the show- it's semi-violent and very stupid)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Air Time said...

OK. First I memed and then i let you know in the wrong spot. Anyway, you can finsd it at airtimedaily.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home